One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The outdoors, he concluded, would eugenically inoculate boy children against the evils of over-sophistication and effeminacy as they grew.’
- ‘Early-twentieth-century uneasiness about lower-class whites overpopulating the nation led to a panicked organization of public and private research which could eugenically chart lines of white families.’
- ‘And a 1916 feature film even encouraged people to marry eugenically and kill their defective offspring.’
- ‘From this soil bed will grow an intentionally wild, uncultivated mix of vegetation - a symbolic counter to the Nazi dream of a homogeneous, eugenically bred German race.’
- ‘In the former, the exhausted, unnamed protagonist is offered two weeks in the country with her six young children, compliments of the eugenically named Social Betterment Society.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.