One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the former, the exhausted, unnamed protagonist is offered two weeks in the country with her six young children, compliments of the eugenically named Social Betterment Society.’
- ‘From this soil bed will grow an intentionally wild, uncultivated mix of vegetation - a symbolic counter to the Nazi dream of a homogeneous, eugenically bred German race.’
- ‘Early-twentieth-century uneasiness about lower-class whites overpopulating the nation led to a panicked organization of public and private research which could eugenically chart lines of white families.’
- ‘And a 1916 feature film even encouraged people to marry eugenically and kill their defective offspring.’
- ‘The outdoors, he concluded, would eugenically inoculate boy children against the evils of over-sophistication and effeminacy as they grew.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.