One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘'Prole' is etymologically derived from 'proletariat'.’
- ‘All Sign Languages are different, but such are the natural roots of many signs, in mime, or representation, that languages that are geographically and etymologically unrelated often have vocabularies which overlap.’
- ‘In this use, they have retained an original and etymologically correct meaning.’
- ‘There is sometimes an alternation between f and v in grammatically or etymologically related words.’
- ‘The author declares with aplomb that etymologically speaking the word is entirely incorrect.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.