One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the origin and historical development of words and their meanings.‘an etymological dictionary’‘the etymological roots of the word are of interest’
- ‘Lots of the most interesting etymological claims that are bandied about on the internet and in the popular press are bunk.’
- ‘Written language often preserves etymological and morphological facts about the vocabulary that are lost in pronunciation.’
- ‘There is etymological debate surrounding the word.’
- ‘Apparently my teachers were wrong on the etymological facts.’
- ‘There are many great etymological books out there that are not listed here.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.