One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flammable toxic gas used as an intermediate and fumigant.
An epoxide; chemical formula: (CH₂)₂O
- ‘A life cycle analysis includes considering the environmental and health effects from ethylene oxide on hospital workers, the hospital environment, and the environment as a whole.’
- ‘An environmental pollutant and known mutagen and carcinogen in experimental animals and in humans, ethylene oxide is a widely used industrial chemical and sterilant of medical equipment.’
- ‘The process produces such key industrial chemicals as ethylene oxide, the simplest epoxide.’
- ‘Sterilization systems employing steam and ethylene oxide are marketed to medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers, hospitals, laboratories, and research institutions.’
- ‘For example, ethylene gas can be treated with oxygen to form ethylene oxide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.