One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flammable toxic gas used as an intermediate and fumigant.
An epoxide; chemical formula: (CH₂)₂O
- ‘A life cycle analysis includes considering the environmental and health effects from ethylene oxide on hospital workers, the hospital environment, and the environment as a whole.’
- ‘For example, ethylene gas can be treated with oxygen to form ethylene oxide.’
- ‘An environmental pollutant and known mutagen and carcinogen in experimental animals and in humans, ethylene oxide is a widely used industrial chemical and sterilant of medical equipment.’
- ‘The process produces such key industrial chemicals as ethylene oxide, the simplest epoxide.’
- ‘Sterilization systems employing steam and ethylene oxide are marketed to medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers, hospitals, laboratories, and research institutions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.