One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is a new addition to an extensive collection of excellent ethnomusicological materials generated under the auspices of the Smithsonian Institution.’
- ‘In modern ethnomusicological practice, however, more precise methods of recording and transcribing non-Western music have been developed.’
- ‘His first spell of ethnomusicological fieldwork was in 1973, in the Kulu valley in North India: the following year he began a PhD at Wesleyan University, Connecticut, specialising in Japanese music.’
- ‘Later, he recorded much Berber folk-music, and in 1959 received a Rockefeller grant for ethnomusicological research.’
- ‘In addition to his academic folklore works, he also published linguistic and ethnomusicological studies, as well as reviews and even witty cultural prose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.