One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The scientific description of the customs of individual peoples and cultures.
- ‘He supported research not only in the natural sciences, but also in anthropology and ethnography.’
- ‘We have so much yet to learn from anthropology and ethnography, cognitive psychology, and, yes, even graphic art.’
- ‘First of all, let's not confuse ethnography with anthropology.’
- ‘This very interesting paper cogently melds ethnography, history, and social analysis.’
- ‘The way these stories are laid out adds to the sense of Goldstein's ethnography as a novel.’
- ‘Her ethnography is the result of more than a decade of fieldwork done in the 1990s in one of Rio's urban shantytown communities.’
- ‘It's a clever way to get at the topic, a kind of ethnography of teenage culture that doesn't feel like a documentary.’
- ‘This book represents good solid traditional ethnography.’
- ‘I probably also thought that the drier and more academic my ethnography, the less likely the authorities were to object.’
- ‘Traditional ethnography assumed that informants knew what was going on in a delimited space.’
- ‘Integrating more of her ethnography would have added depth to her analysis.’
- ‘This book is an important contribution to Melanesian ethnography and anthropology.’
- ‘The ethnography of the first part of the book, while a contribution in its own right, provides background for the second part.’
- ‘For instance, there is anthropology's trademark practice of ethnography which entails both fieldwork and writing.’
- ‘While I enjoyed the book as ethnography I remained unconvinced at the end by the author's argument.’
- ‘This is especially evident in central Australian ethnography.’
- ‘We cannot avoid thinking about the overlap between being a tourist and doing ethnography.’
- ‘I will leave something so grand as the future of cultural anthropology to itself, and stick with the predicament of ethnography.’
- ‘This suggests that what we really need is a distinct approach to ethnography.’
- ‘Franks was one of the founders of the scientific study of ethnography and increased the Museum's collections in that area exponentially.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.