One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a particular ethnic group.
- ‘Secondly, a description of international students can provide useful background information for counselors to develop culturally-responsive programs that operate within the existing values of the target ethnocultural groups.’
- ‘In addition, ethnocultural representation was considered.’
- ‘Social justice objectives have also featured centrally in the local activities and local organization of other social movements, such as those of ethnocultural communities, gays and lesbians and the disabled.’
- ‘Huang proposes that practitioners conduct ethnocultural assessments focusing on specific sociocultural factors, as well as standard assessments, when working with culturally different youths.’
- ‘She works with immigrants, refugees, members of nondominant ethnocultural groups, and a variety of systems, to build capacities and dismantle systemic discrimination.’
- ‘In ethnocultural interviews conducted with Korean American adolescents by the authors, unpleasant racially based experiences were frequently mentioned as a part of their problems.’
- ‘Each chapter identifies relevant cultural variables specific to each racial/ethnic group, along with ethnocultural measures and their relevant psychometric properties.’
- ‘Third, nutrition interventions that ‘empower’ immigrant women and ethnocultural communities should be promoted.’
- ‘Practitioners need to understand such ecological realities and ethnocultural dynamics faced by Asian American youth in order to engage them in treatment and help them more effectively.’
- ‘Their relationship to slavery, and native southerners' perceptions of that relationship, would impart to the South's ethnocultural relations a distinctive type of conflict not to be found in the North.’
- ‘In this chapter I will focus on the claims raised by ethnocultural groups, such as immigrants, national minorities, indigenous peoples, and racial groups.’
- ‘Typical examples include the nation and language-based ethnocultural groups.’
- ‘It is particularly important, when working with immigrant Korean families, to be aware of the family's beliefs regarding the helpfulness of various ethnocultural medical practices peculiar to Korea.’
- ‘The history of American labor movements during these years is a tale of both immigrant activism and ethnocultural struggle.’
- ‘The major cleavages are ethnocultural (Flemish speakers versus Francophones), philosophical (the church versus liberals) and economic.’
- ‘Both immigrant groups and national minorities are, in different ways, seeking legal recognition of their ethnocultural identities and practices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.