One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With reference to birth, origins, or cultural background.‘a racially and ethnically diverse society’
- ‘How do ethnically homogeneous countries such as Germany or Japan open themselves to immigrants?’
- ‘Importantly, any post-conflict settlement, especially one in an ethnically divided region awash with weapons, should encourage the integration of minority groups.’
- ‘Many dance academies, university dance departments, and professional companies today are racially and ethnically mixed.’
- ‘Nineteenth-century American literary writers also did their part to perpetuate the idea that Irish-Americans were ethnically inferior.’
- ‘An increasing number of students are from racially / ethnically diverse backgrounds.’
- ‘You have a monolithic ethnically homogenous white population unthreatened by small marginal minorities of recent immigrants.’
- ‘For companies with an ethnically diverse workforce, English is often the second language.’
- ‘Ethiopia is another ethnically heterogeneous country comprised of about 70 languages, which serve to distinguish the various ethnic groups.’
- ‘India, the most populated country in South Asia, is ethnically fragmented along cultural, religious, and linguistic lines.’
- ‘On the other hand, imposing the criteria of ethnically defined borders in relation to Kosovo held even greater dangers than in the rest of former Yugoslavia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.