One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With reference to birth, origins, or cultural background.‘a racially and ethnically diverse society’
- ‘On the other hand, imposing the criteria of ethnically defined borders in relation to Kosovo held even greater dangers than in the rest of former Yugoslavia.’
- ‘Many dance academies, university dance departments, and professional companies today are racially and ethnically mixed.’
- ‘India, the most populated country in South Asia, is ethnically fragmented along cultural, religious, and linguistic lines.’
- ‘Nineteenth-century American literary writers also did their part to perpetuate the idea that Irish-Americans were ethnically inferior.’
- ‘For companies with an ethnically diverse workforce, English is often the second language.’
- ‘Importantly, any post-conflict settlement, especially one in an ethnically divided region awash with weapons, should encourage the integration of minority groups.’
- ‘You have a monolithic ethnically homogenous white population unthreatened by small marginal minorities of recent immigrants.’
- ‘Ethiopia is another ethnically heterogeneous country comprised of about 70 languages, which serve to distinguish the various ethnic groups.’
- ‘An increasing number of students are from racially / ethnically diverse backgrounds.’
- ‘How do ethnically homogeneous countries such as Germany or Japan open themselves to immigrants?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.