One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With reference to birth, origins, or cultural background.‘a racially and ethnically diverse society’
- ‘On the other hand, imposing the criteria of ethnically defined borders in relation to Kosovo held even greater dangers than in the rest of former Yugoslavia.’
- ‘How do ethnically homogeneous countries such as Germany or Japan open themselves to immigrants?’
- ‘Ethiopia is another ethnically heterogeneous country comprised of about 70 languages, which serve to distinguish the various ethnic groups.’
- ‘Nineteenth-century American literary writers also did their part to perpetuate the idea that Irish-Americans were ethnically inferior.’
- ‘Importantly, any post-conflict settlement, especially one in an ethnically divided region awash with weapons, should encourage the integration of minority groups.’
- ‘For companies with an ethnically diverse workforce, English is often the second language.’
- ‘You have a monolithic ethnically homogenous white population unthreatened by small marginal minorities of recent immigrants.’
- ‘India, the most populated country in South Asia, is ethnically fragmented along cultural, religious, and linguistic lines.’
- ‘An increasing number of students are from racially / ethnically diverse backgrounds.’
- ‘Many dance academies, university dance departments, and professional companies today are racially and ethnically mixed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.