One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Social rank then determines access to estrous ewes during the rut.’
- ‘Adult males attempt to maintain exclusive access to estrous females by intimidating other males with displays and occasional chases.’
- ‘Males often have overlapping home ranges and compete for access to estrous females; both males and females are generally solitary.’
- ‘Sniffing for recent scent marks may be a way to learn about the animals living in a particular territory and, especially, to establish whether any of the females are estrous.’
- ‘Variables included in the model were community size, number of adult males, number of adult females, number of dependent infants, number of estrous females, and rainfall as an approximation for food availability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.