One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A reaction of an alcohol with an acid to produce an ester and water.
- ‘The bio-diesel is produced by converting the vegetable oils into methyl esters, by subjecting them to esterification and trans-esterification.’
- ‘The degrees of esterification were 92% and 28.5% while galacturonic acid contents were 82% and 65%, respectively, for the two pectins.’
- ‘The dimerization equilibrium constant increases with the extent of esterification.’
- ‘When a chemical demethylation of embedded cells was performed, a slight increase in labelling density was noticed, confirming that methyl esterification blocked anionic binding sites in the primary cell walls.’
- ‘To convert it into fuel, the used fats and oil are subject to a process called esterification, where a sulphur-free product similar to diesel oil - Bio-Diesel - is created.’
- ‘Continued esterification in bottle produces another range of possible aromas, all the more unpredictable since the esters are formed at very different rates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.