One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme that hydrolyzes particular esters into acids and alcohols or phenols.
- ‘Trichlorfon use is broadly based on its action as an inhibitor of acetylcholine esterase.’
- ‘Growing carnation petals showed high activities of cellulase and pectin esterase.’
- ‘Carbosulfan is extremely toxic to mammals and its toxicity is mediated through inhibition of acetylcholine esterase, a respiratory enzyme.’
- ‘Cholesterol esterase was omitted from the assay to exclude intracellular cholesterol esters.’
- ‘Cholesterol esterase plays a role in digestive lipid absorption in the upper intestinal tract, though its role in cholesterol absorption in particular is controversial.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.