One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system for self-improvement aimed at developing a person's potential through intensive group awareness and training sessions.
- ‘The new objects of mass consciousness are not marches and peace signs, but things like est, gestalt, smorgasbord, hypnotism, tai chi, health food etc, etc.’
- ‘Many people apparently find that their lives are better after they get involved in est, NLP, Landmark Forum, or Scientology.’
- ‘NLP and est also have in common the fact that they are built up from a hodgepodge of sources in psychology, philosophy, and other disciplines.’
- ‘Through est they would be set free and born again!’
- ‘I have never attended a session of either est or Landmark but from what I can gather from those who have, the experience is not likely to be dull.’
1970s (originally US): acronym from Erhard Seminars Training, from the name of Werner Erhard (born 1935), the American businessman who devised the technique.
Eastern Standard Time.See Eastern time
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.