One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A natural oil typically obtained by distillation and having the characteristic fragrance of the plant or other source from which it is extracted.
- ‘So it doesn't make much sense to add quality natural essential oils to candles made of paraffin.’
- ‘Droppers with rubber bulbs should not be kept with the essential oil bottle as the highly concentrated oil can turn the rubber bulb into gum.’
- ‘Citronella essential oil is the ingredient in the candles that provides this benefit.’
- ‘They're produced when steam is passed through fragrant plants to extract their essential oils.’
- ‘This is because they contain the same essential oils as attar of roses.’
- ‘The hot water will release the essential oils in the plant material and make a wonderful relaxing ambience.’
- ‘For instance, if you need a substitute for the essential oil of mandarin, the essential oil of sweet orange will provide a similar aroma.’
- ‘Quality essential oils are an important part of any aromatherapy programme.’
- ‘Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils from plants to enhance general health and vitality.’
- ‘Sometimes, the hot steam or water used to distill an essential oil does not extract much natural oil from the plant or harms the precious natural oil.’
- ‘Avoid buying essential oils in plastic bottles as the essential oil can dissolve the plastic.’
- ‘Even though essential oils are completely natural, some can cause adverse side effects.’
- ‘It also is a source of antioxidants, and its essential oil contains high concentrations of thymol, once used as a topical antibiotic.’
- ‘These are a by-product of the distillation of essential oils and they smell slightly of their floral origins.’
- ‘The plant matter used in essential oil distillation imparts a wonderful aroma to the water.’
- ‘The distilled essential oil is colourless or tinged very pale yellow so it does not stain.’
- ‘Natural cleansers based on essential oils will not only cleanse the skin, but will nourish it at the same time.’
- ‘Please note that this blend has a heavy concentration of essential oils and is meant to be used sparingly.’
- ‘Combine basil essential oil with other essential oils to make perfumes and toilet water.’
- ‘Pick mint early in the morning because the sun draws out some of the plant's essential oils.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.