One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A complete rollover in kayaking, from upright to capsized to upright.
- ‘Some schools teach the Eskimo roll as part of basic training.’
- ‘Righting himself with an Eskimo roll, the 46-year-old real estate appraiser came up dripping and smiling.’
- ‘I wonder if she's doing Eskimo rolls in that kayak.’
- ‘They're generally wider and more stable than traditional kayaks, so if you flip one, you can easily scramble back on - no Eskimo roll is necessary.’
- ‘There is the possibility of flipping over with you harnessed inside, but that's what lessons and Eskimo rolls are for.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.