Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The production of red blood cells.
- ‘In renal failure, anemia occurs in part because uremic metabolites decrease the lifespan of circulating red blood cells and reduce erythropoiesis.’
- ‘These hemorrhagic and hemolytic events would result in tissue hypoxia that would, in turn, stimulate erythropoiesis.’
- ‘Because erythropoiesis is an ongoing process, there is a continuous progression of cells from erythroblasts to immature and mature erythrocytes, which is balanced in the steady-state condition.’
- ‘Iron deficiency in hemodialysis patients is caused by blood loss during the dialysis procedure, increased erythropoiesis, and insufficient absorption of iron from the gastrointestinal tract.’
- ‘Iron-deficiency anemia is the most frequently diagnosed anemia and is associated with an inadequate supply of iron needed for erythropoiesis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.