One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A red blood cell that (in humans) is typically a biconcave disc without a nucleus. Erythrocytes contain the pigment hemoglobin, which imparts the red color to blood, and transport oxygen and carbon dioxide to and from the tissues.
- ‘Sickle cell erythrocytes have decreased oxygen affinity and increased unsaturated hemoglobin in the arterial blood.’
- ‘Increased production of erythrocytes leads to an increase in oxygen supply.’
- ‘There are three chapters devoted to the structure and function of erythrocytes and white blood cells.’
- ‘The blood was pooled and then spun down to separate the erythrocytes from plasma.’
- ‘The deformation of the human erythrocyte or red blood cell has been the topic of detailed investigation for many decades.’
- ‘The final stage of erythrocyte production is when reticulocytes develop into erythrocytes.’
- ‘Full blood cell count and erythrocyte sedimentation rate were within normal limits.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.