Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A message displayed on a monitor screen or printout, indicating that an incorrect instruction has been given, or that there is an error resulting from faulty software or hardware.
- ‘If anything goes wrong, the script will capture the exception and print out an error message.’
- ‘When a user sees your error message, the Web site or product has let them down.’
- ‘Once it's uninstalled, you can reinstall the software in hopes of removing the error message.’
- ‘The user may not have the luxury of viewing a message box with an error description or even understand the error message when it is displayed.’
- ‘Whenever he tried to connect to the internet, he got an error message stating that the modem could not be initialized.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.