One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A message displayed on a monitor screen or printout indicating that an incorrect instruction has been given or that there is an error resulting from faulty software or hardware.
- ‘Once it's uninstalled, you can reinstall the software in hopes of removing the error message.’
- ‘Whenever he tried to connect to the internet, he got an error message stating that the modem could not be initialized.’
- ‘When a user sees your error message, the Web site or product has let them down.’
- ‘If anything goes wrong, the script will capture the exception and print out an error message.’
- ‘The user may not have the luxury of viewing a message box with an error description or even understand the error message when it is displayed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.