One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The automatic correction of errors that arise from the incorrect transmission of digital data.
- ‘Each device has a pipeline structure and uses digital error correction to provide good static linearity, according to the company.’
- ‘The other adds support for memory error correction and detection.’
- ‘The message payload is re-encoded to compute error correction encoded bits.’
- ‘The very first version didn't use any kind of error correction protocol, so it had a tendency to garble things up or crash.’
- ‘Listen to an audio CD with error correction switched off and you'll hear little more than hiss.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.