A line through a point on a graph, parallel to one of the axes, which represents the uncertainty or error of the corresponding coordinate of the point.
- ‘Each error bar shows the dispersal of the estimation results of 10 simulated pseudogenes that were simulated using the same parameter.’
- ‘The error bar at bottom corresponds to 1.0 substitution per site.’
- ‘The large error bar results from uncertainties in the determination of the double integrated spectra due to the poor signal/noise ratio and particularly due to baseline artifacts.’
- ‘That's a gigantic error bar, so it's basically a non-measurement.’
- ‘Each plot is a mean frequency of 8-12 lines, where each line has five replicates, and the error bar indicates one standard deviation.’