Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a part of the body) sensitive to sexual stimulation.‘erogenous zones’
sexually arousing, sexually exciting, sexually stimulatingView synonyms
- ‘Every part of our body is an erogenous zone.’
- ‘For example, when we are lying on the couch naked, watching TV, I will rub her legs, her back, her stomach, kiss her on the neck, her ears, then finally on her mouth or her erogenous zones.’
- ‘He ran his well-oiled hands over the graceful swells and swales of her back and legs, edging closer to the more erogenous zones with each pass, carefully monitoring her for any negative reaction.’
- ‘Most of the time they'll only feel one point of contact, but on the highly sensitive erogenous zones they'll feel both.’
- ‘It's not Kendall's fault that Bianca's ears are an erogenous zone.’
- ‘Though he does satisfy me, he refuses to touch my erogenous zone, which he calls dirty or nasty.’
- ‘Designers are really taping into these three erogenous zones.’
- ‘They're erogenous zones, so make raunchy use of them by lightly running the tip of your tongue along the edges.’
- ‘Or maybe this is just an erogenous zone the rest of us never thought of.’
- ‘In a whole body orgasm your entire body becomes an exquisite erogenous zone, much like your genitals always are.’
- ‘Freud demonstrated quite convincingly that when born, humans are ‘polymorphously perverse’, that is to say capable of receiving pleasure and stimulation from the whole body as one erogenous zone.’
- ‘Part of the problem is that for many people the neck is a very erogenous zone and receiving lip service here can be quite titillating.’
- ‘Jasmine is popular in perfumes as it has a strong erogenous effect on people.’
- ‘In the aforementioned book, several interviewees describe a spot near the cervix ‘as being a highly erogenous zone.’’
- ‘It has a character who has had all the erogenous zones of her body enhanced in order to move up the social class system.’
- ‘As the child goes through infancy, childhood and puberty, it learns to cathect its body in a particular way - to localize erotic pleasure in certain erogenous zones.’
- ‘James Laver discusses the idea of shifting erogenous zones where, for example, parts of the body gain erotic capital if covered up long enough to render intrigue or become sterilized zones if they receive too much exposure over time.’
- ‘An erogenous zone is a body part (a foot, for instance) that arouses sexual curiosity and draws a man's attention to the whole female body.’
- ‘His hands discovered countless erogenous zones.’
- ‘The most effective move known to womankind involves stimulating three erogenous zones with one cunning hand trick.’
Late 19th century: from Eros + -genous.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.