One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If he has any brains at all, he'll make a speech this week telling these ermined layabouts to go climb a tree.’
- ‘And, in fairness to those ermined aristocrats, they could afford contempt.’
- ‘I do think, however that a ballot on the suitability of some newly ermined people would debar some before the ermine was purchased.’
- ‘I think the number of "tails" in an ermined pattern is also irrelevant.’
- ‘Ermined furs are primarily their background tincture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.