Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(chiefly of chemicals and medicines) equally powerful; having equal potencies.
- ‘However, clinically, the effectiveness is equal in equipotent doses.’
- ‘Both agents cross into the cerebrospinal fluid in equipotent amounts’
- ‘The equipotent dosing ratio for diazepam: midazolam is reported as 1.5 to 2: 1.’
- ‘Up to now, results obtained in the murine model have always been predictive of what was achievable in humans, provided that the relative sizes of the bacillary populations in mice and in humans are similar and the drug doses are equipotent.’
- ‘In a further study by the same group oral THC 10 mg was found to be about equipotent to codeine 60 mg, and THC 20 mg was about equipotent to codeine 120 mg.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.