One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A category of viral diseases that affects horses and, in some cases, humans.See also eastern equine encephalitis
- ‘It has been shown to be involved in the transmission cycles of California group viruses, Eastern equine encephalitis virus, and dog heartworm in other areas of the U.S.’
- ‘Examples of infections that can cause birth defects are rubella, cytomegalovirus, syphilis, toxoplasmosis, Venezuelan equine encephalitis, parvovirus, and, rarely, chicken pox.’
- ‘A Thoroughbred yearling filly is the fifth horse in Massachusetts to die from Eastern equine encephalitis this year.’
- ‘This candidate vaccine exploits the properties of a horse virus, the Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus.’
- ‘‘We live with similar diseases all the time, such as Eastern and Western equine encephalitis,’ Teagarden said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.