One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An equation showing the relationship between the values of the pressure, volume, and temperature of a quantity of a particular substance.
- ‘An equation of state would tell, for example, the pressure given the temperature and density.’
- ‘The equation of state is the relationship between pressure and density in the stuff.’
- ‘The mass-to - radius ratio, in turn, determines the density and nature of the star's internal matter, called the equation of state.’
- ‘This new quantity is similar to the equation of state for a gas.’
- ‘However, the equation of state for hydrogen at high pressures, how it behaves, is not well understood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.