One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The situation in which same-sex couples have the same legal right to marry as opposite-sex couples.‘she has been a vocal supporter of equal marriage’
- ‘Equal marriage is something we both support and we wanted to make sure we did our part to help change hearts and minds.’
- ‘The singers joined thousands taking to social networking sites to support equal marriage.’
- ‘However, we've still got a lot of ground to cover, especially in regards to equal marriage and benefits.’
- ‘Proud that Parliament voted in favour of equal marriage today.’
- ‘Around the world, the fight for equal marriage divides countries.’
- ‘She considers herself a conservative who supports family values, and has said she believes that equal marriage promotes family values.’
- ‘I would like to commend you for voting for equal marriage rights.’
- ‘As the fight for equal marriage progresses in the United States, other countries are much further behind when it comes to LGBT rights.’
- ‘Many groups and individuals are trying to change that law by legalizing equal marriage.’
- ‘Since the President has endorsed equal marriage, more and more Democratic congressmen and congresswomen have come out in support of the cause.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.