One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
with object & no object Cover or become covered with epithelial tissue, e.g. during the healing of a wound.
- ‘Typically wounds do not epithelialize until the black/yellow slough has come off the surface and healthy granulation tissue is apparent.’
- ‘This stent can be easily removed before it is completely epithelialized.’
- ‘Thereafter, these dressings gradually peel off as skin epithelializes underneath them.’
- ‘Thus, applying topical antibiotics and eliminating the friction of a wet diaper may allow the granulation tissue to epithelialize.’
- ‘Like hydrogels, hydrocolloids can help a clean wound to granulate or epithelialize and encourage autolytic debridement in wounds with necrotic tissue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.