One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
with object & no object Cover or become covered with epithelial tissue, e.g. during the healing of a wound.
- ‘Thereafter, these dressings gradually peel off as skin epithelializes underneath them.’
- ‘Like hydrogels, hydrocolloids can help a clean wound to granulate or epithelialize and encourage autolytic debridement in wounds with necrotic tissue.’
- ‘This stent can be easily removed before it is completely epithelialized.’
- ‘Typically wounds do not epithelialize until the black/yellow slough has come off the surface and healthy granulation tissue is apparent.’
- ‘Thus, applying topical antibiotics and eliminating the friction of a wet diaper may allow the granulation tissue to epithelialize.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.