One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A common complication of chronic wounds is epibole (premature closure of the wound edges), which prevents epithelialization and wound closure.’
- ‘In our limited sample we have observed that these stents can be easily removed by 6-8 weeks after adequate healing and before epithelialization.’
- ‘The average time to 90% epithelialization was 16.4 days.’
- ‘Therefore, when collagen dissolves, necrotic tissue detaches and granulation can occur, providing the surface needed for proper epithelialization.’
- ‘To close superficial wounds, physicians can accelerate epithelialization, generally using an occlusive dressing that creates a warm, moist, environment, he said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.