One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An assistant professor in the applied physics and physics departments at Yale University has been recognized for ‘pioneering work on epitaxial complex oxide thin film heterostructures.’’
- ‘Amorphous, polycrystalline, or epitaxial films can be made with thicknesses from 10 nanometers to hundreds of nanometers or thicker.’
- ‘In prior strained silicon technologies, the silicon film is stressed through its epitaxial growth onto a relaxed silicon-germanium layer.’
- ‘It is plausible that the solid glass support, which is not flat on the molecular scale, will cause epitaxial coupling that affects the overlaying lipid molecules.’
- ‘A particular feature of this new process is that the N type epitaxial layer that is grown over the P + layer is only about half the thickness of its counterpart in the conventional device.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.