One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But, as you've both pointed out, it can be difficult - almost impossible - to describe and evoke the epiphanic moment of gnosis.’
- ‘On the whole, it seems a good idea to be silent about the transcendent and epiphanic dimensions of life because they cannot actually be spoken about.’
- ‘Quite simply put, a holy place, as a place in which an epiphanic event happens, is holy insofar as the breath or Spirit that gives witness to our spirit is there to consecrate it - and we call it ‘spiritual presence.’’
- ‘Since the publication of her first novel, she has returned in her fiction to epiphanic moments which elide divisions in time and space.’
- ‘In an epiphanic moment, the heroine, already skeptical of Raj, discovers him in bed with the maidservant only days before the marriage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.