One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for adrenaline
- ‘While you may not be at such an extreme stage, striving, failure and self - criticism lead to stress, which floods the blood with hormones epinephrine and cortisol.’
- ‘This adrenaline rush is an effect caused by the adrenal glands in the body manufacturing epinephrine, cortisol, and norepinephrine.’
- ‘The pancreatic hormone exerts an opposing effect to that of glucagon and epinephrine.’
- ‘And as the day goes on, your body makes less cortisol, less epinephrine.’
- ‘In addition to their effects as neurotransmitters, norepinephrine and epinephrine can influence the rate of metabolism.’
Late 19th century: from epi- ‘above’ + Greek nephros ‘kidney’ + -ine.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.