- another term for adrenaline
- ‘The pancreatic hormone exerts an opposing effect to that of glucagon and epinephrine.’
- ‘This adrenaline rush is an effect caused by the adrenal glands in the body manufacturing epinephrine, cortisol, and norepinephrine.’
- ‘While you may not be at such an extreme stage, striving, failure and self - criticism lead to stress, which floods the blood with hormones epinephrine and cortisol.’
- ‘And as the day goes on, your body makes less cortisol, less epinephrine.’
- ‘In addition to their effects as neurotransmitters, norepinephrine and epinephrine can influence the rate of metabolism.’
Late 19th century: from epi- above + Greek nephros kidney + -ine.