One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The study and interpretation of ancient inscriptions.
- ‘Now epigraphy, the interpretation of inscriptions, is one of the many gaps in my training as a historian.’
- ‘While disappointing for epigraphy fans, the find adds 101 characters to the Isthmian syllabary and should represent a step toward retrieving Olmec history.’
- ‘The second is epigraphy: there are very few Greek inscriptions in Upper Galilee during this period.’
- ‘He also helped them study epigraphy in the temple.’
- ‘It has four boats and employs 60 divers, whose skills include archaeology, history, epigraphy (the study of inscriptions) and numismatics (the study of coins).’
- 1.1 Epigraphs collectively.
- ‘An important early transformation in this apparently uniform written culture came with the use of palaeo-Christian epigraphy in funerary inscriptions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.