One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There are three single cartilages (ie, thyroid, epiglottic, cricoid) and three paired cartilages (ie, arytenoid, cuneiform, corniculate).’
- ‘A punch biopsy of the lesion showed tuberculous granulomas within the epiglottic tissue.’
- ‘Our patient's epiglottic mass consisted of a dense histiocytic infiltrate that contained small, uninucleated yeasts that demonstrated no hyphae or pseudohyphae.’
- ‘The usual response to laryngeal obstruction usually caused by epiglottic or pharyngeal swelling is to sit up and forward.’
- ‘The epiglottic cartilage may be rudimentary, with duplication of the mucosa substituting for cartilage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.