One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mitogenic protein thought to be involved in such physical processes as normal cell growth, wound healing, and the formation of tumors.
- ‘The pathway is activated by a protein ligand such as epidermal growth factor.’
- ‘Growth factors, such as epidermal growth factor and tumor necrosis factor, are found in significant quantities in partial-thickness donor sites.’
- ‘These include fibroblast growth factor, epidermal growth factor, and platelet-derived angiogenesis factor.’
- ‘Researchers have found a new signaling component that influences movement of human breast cancer cells toward epidermal growth factor.’
- ‘Many cancer cells have a protein, known as epidermal growth factor receptor, all over their surface, while healthy cells typically do not express the protein as strongly.’
First observed in 1959.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.