One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The epicyclic character of the theory, piling ad-hoc hypothesis upon hypothesis, its incompleteness and the appearance of a singularity in the big bang universe beginning require consideration of alternatives.’
- ‘It is based on the epicyclic and eccentric models of planetary motion.’
- ‘Collectively Kepler's Laws superseded the ancient Ptolemaic concept of a spherical universe with epicyclic motion.’
- ‘The key to the technology lies in the combination of a patented epicyclic traction transmission and electric gear ratio control.’
- ‘Aristotelian cosmology survived unaltered by Ptolemaic astronomy, despite its eccentric planetary orbits and the epicyclic motions which already strained the original simple notion of uniform circular motion around the earth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.