One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A painful inflammation of tendons surrounding an epicondyle.
- ‘The current best practice management for lateral epicondylitis involves a graduated tendon rehabilitation program that begins with relative rest of the injured tendon through avoidance of aggravating activities.’
- ‘Every year approximately four of every 1,000 adults has a problem with tennis elbow, or painful lateral epicondylitis.’
- ‘The pathologic process of epicondylitis involves chronic degenerative changes of the tendons at the region of the respective epicondyles.’
- ‘Clinical projects also include the use of extracorporeal shock wave therapy for epicondylitis and calcific tendinitis and navigation-assisted surgery.’
- ‘Lateral epicondylitis, more commonly known as tennis elbow, has an annual incidence of 1 to 3 percent in the general population.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.