One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Preservation of these large-scale coastal landforms is primarily due to gentle epeirogenic uplift in response to Quaternary volcanism.’
- ‘Regional scale epeirogenic uplift has removed the barriers from the influence of subsequent sea level highstands and therefore largely preserved their original form.’
- ‘In common with other work on the western UK basins system, igneous underplating is invoked as the principal mechanism driving the epeirogenic uplift.’
- ‘The term craton has been used for many years for the broad central parts of continents that are affected only by epeirogenic movements.’
- ‘They recognized the importance of such underplating in thickening the crust to cause epeirogenic uplift.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.