One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated on the dorsal side of an axis.‘epaxial muscles’
- ‘That study demonstrated that in anesthetized birds, resting on their sternum, one of the epaxial muscles (the longissimus dorsi) was consistently active during inspiration.’
- ‘All of this head motion must be executed by epaxial musculature if the pectoral girdle is reduced or lost, which requires a strong anchor and lever for force transmission.’
- ‘To the best of my knowledge, this tendon insertional pattern represents a unique morphological construct for cetaceans, mammals that lack connections between epaxial muscles and pelves.’
- ‘If a salamander is to swim straight, the action of these muscle fibers must be balanced by muscle fibers dorsal to the vertebral centra, presumably in the epaxial musculature.’
- ‘The axial musculature of all vertebrates consists of two principal masses, the epaxial and hypaxial muscles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.