Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A white blood cell containing granules that are readily stained by eosin.
- ‘Other while blood cell counts were also examined, including lymphocytes, neutrophils, eosinophils, and basophils.’
- ‘The bone marrow was hypercellular with mildly increased eosinophils and plasma cells.’
- ‘The granulocytes include the neutrophils, eosinophils, and basophils.’
- ‘Those thought to play critical roles are mast cells, basophils, eosinophils, lymphocytes, and the airway epithelium.’
- ‘It revealed that 10 alleged pneumonia cases showed a higher than normal number of the white blood cell eosinophils.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.