One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In addition, steroid hormones are known to impair enzymic antioxidant defenses and directly induce oxidative stress.’
- ‘The phototoxic activity of this porphyrin is mainly mediated by the impairment of the enzymic and transport functions of both the outer and cytoplasmic membranes.’
- ‘The enzymic pathways shown will not necessarily all be present in a particular cell.’
- ‘On the one hand, they may simply be by-products of several enzymic reactions.’
- ‘For enzymic catalysis, this source of reversible work is unlikely because the amount of work required is much greater, while the participants in the reaction, including the enzyme, are usually chemically unreactive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.