Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A branch of medicine that studies environmental inputs and the individual's physical, mental, and emotional responses to them.
- ‘Physicians who are clinical ecologists and practice environmental medicine believe that personal observation and experience are enough to allow diagnosis and facilitate treatment of patients with medically unknown symptoms.’
- ‘Clinically, practitioners of complementary and alternative therapies and environmental medicine have long suggested that food allergies play a pivotal role in inflammatory gastrointestinal disorders.’
- ‘The author draws on 30 years of clinical experience in environmental medicine.’
- ‘And as our understanding of wellness becomes more ecologically based, as it is in the new field of environmental medicine, we may conclude that it makes ever greater medical sense to find ways of living lightly on the planet.’
- ‘This book is a major contribution to environmental medicine and neurotoxicology.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.