One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Thermodynamically, the migration of nonbinding particles to these weakened microdomains is entropically favorable because it maximizes particle motions.’
- ‘The decondensation is entropically driven due to the higher number of ligand binding sites in decondensed DNA in comparison with the condensed molecules.’
- ‘The extent to which the DNA binding of a given protein will be enthalpically or entropically driven is a function of solution conditions, such as temperature, salt concentration, pH, etc.’
- ‘Furthermore, as the DNA unbinds entropically at extensions before the overstretching transition, these calculations predict that the plateau will not be seen in the force-extension curves for a dodecamer, as is indeed the case.’
- ‘In this case, thrumming bass plucks and bouncing ball patterns entropically expire amidst wheezing exhalations and electrical shimmer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.