One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The activity of setting up a business or businesses, taking on financial risks in the hope of profit.‘the new business opportunities have encouraged entrepreneurship on a grand scale’
- ‘He found he'd had enough of entrepreneurship and gave his interest in the business to his partner.’
- ‘Children are constantly practicing entrepreneurship in subtle forms, selling cookies or chocolate to raise money for their clubs.’
- ‘Rural entrepreneurship carries challenges distinct from traditional entrepreneurial settings.’
- ‘Levels of entrepreneurship among men are nearly 10 times higher than among women, with more men starting successful small businesses.’
- ‘The essence of entrepreneurship is risk-taking - smart, calculated risk-taking.’
- ‘It is good for people to know that there are entrepreneurship options out there, because not everyone wants to pursue the "normal" career paths.’
- ‘The progress made by these small companies over the past 30 years represents one of the greatest sagas of American entrepreneurship and innovation against overwhelming odds.’
- ‘New immigrants are more likely to see entrepreneurship, not careerism, as their primary means of establishing themselves economically.’
- ‘The author offers practical advice and realistic strategies for entrepreneurship in her book on creating careers in music.’
- ‘The research also produced interesting findings on the level of ethnic minority entrepreneurship: more women than men were starting small businesses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.