One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The activity of setting up a business or businesses, taking on financial risks in the hope of profit.‘the new business opportunities have encouraged entrepreneurship on a grand scale’
- ‘The progress made by these small companies over the past 30 years represents one of the greatest sagas of American entrepreneurship and innovation against overwhelming odds.’
- ‘Rural entrepreneurship carries challenges distinct from traditional entrepreneurial settings.’
- ‘The research also produced interesting findings on the level of ethnic minority entrepreneurship: more women than men were starting small businesses.’
- ‘Children are constantly practicing entrepreneurship in subtle forms, selling cookies or chocolate to raise money for their clubs.’
- ‘It is good for people to know that there are entrepreneurship options out there, because not everyone wants to pursue the "normal" career paths.’
- ‘He found he'd had enough of entrepreneurship and gave his interest in the business to his partner.’
- ‘Levels of entrepreneurship among men are nearly 10 times higher than among women, with more men starting successful small businesses.’
- ‘The essence of entrepreneurship is risk-taking - smart, calculated risk-taking.’
- ‘New immigrants are more likely to see entrepreneurship, not careerism, as their primary means of establishing themselves economically.’
- ‘The author offers practical advice and realistic strategies for entrepreneurship in her book on creating careers in music.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.