One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘People who have a broad interest in the subject but who lack the historical and ideological framework for a fuller, informed reading, will be gently and entertainingly enlightened here.’
- ‘He captures and entertainingly exaggerates the earnest devotion to bizarre identities and activities that undermine small-town New Zealand's dull reputation.’
- ‘Though he wrote elegantly and entertainingly on cricket and other quintessentially English subjects, his main claim to fame was his stewardship of the London Magazine, which he kept afloat through his wife's trust fund.’
- ‘Conversely, if I look at it as an entertainingly odd product of its times and surroundings, it comes off pretty darn well.’
- ‘When you've been talking to yourself for decades and imposing speech codes on everyone else, your ability to argue coherently - let alone entertainingly - inevitably wanes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.