Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a group of RNA viruses (including those causing polio and hepatitis A) that typically occur in the gastrointestinal tract, sometimes spreading to the central nervous system or other parts of the body.
- ‘Parainfluenza virus, enterovirus, and rhinovirus infections most commonly occur in the fall.’
- ‘Poliovirus is an enterovirus with three different strains that cause disease.’
- ‘When the cause is either an enterovirus or herpes simplex virus, the throat may show tiny blistered or ulcerated areas, and this sometimes helps your child's doctor in making a diagnosis.’
- ‘The most common causes of viral meningitis are enteroviruses, herpes simplex virus, and HIV.’
- ‘The enterovirus can be spread through several mediums, including mucus or saliva and food or drink contaminated by the virus, she said.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.