One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A toxin produced in or affecting the intestines, such as those causing food poisoning or cholera.
- ‘Watery secretory diarrhea is a sign of bacterial enterotoxins and viruses.’
- ‘The bacteria-produced enterotoxin interacts with intestinal cells to spur diarrhea.’
- ‘E. coli, the gut organism that produces a special poison called enterotoxin, is the commonest cause.’
- ‘Secretory diarrhoea is a common disorder in developing countries, where pathogens that produce enterotoxin such as enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli are endemic.’
- ‘It has been demonstrated that this pathogen produces different enterotoxins and different strains may cause disease by different mechanisms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.