One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of bacteria) producing an enterotoxin.
- ‘In laboratory tests, the vaccine has been found to protect against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli, which is responsible for most cases of traveler's diarrhea.’
- ‘This difference may be related to the high prevalence of enterotoxigenic strains in our population and development of immunity because of high exposure rate in early life as postulated in earlier studies.’
- ‘The vaccine would protect against enterotoxigenic E. coli - the main cause of the condition.’
- ‘It is not known whether antibiotics permit infection by enterotoxigenic C. perfringens or allow overgrowth of small numbers of the organism that may be normally resident in the gut of these patients.’
- ‘Potato and tomato plants have synthesised antigens from Norwalk virus, enterotoxigenic E coli, Vibrio cholerae, and hepatitis B virus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.