Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of both the small intestine and the colon.
- ‘The study did not find any evidence that prophylactic indomethacin affected other outcomes such as chronic lung disease, necrotising enterocolitis, and retinopathy.’
- ‘Bloody diarrhea is much more suggestive of inflammatory bowel disease or infectious enterocolitis.’
- ‘There was no histologic evidence of celiac disease, collagenous or lymphocytic enterocolitis, or inflammatory bowel disease.’
- ‘Prophylaxis with penicillin may be of benefit in neutropenic patients with symptoms of enterocolitis.’
- ‘In premature infants, necrotizing enterocolitis is the most common surgical cause of an acute abdomen.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.