To a very great degree or extent; considerably.‘quality of life varies enormously from one place to another’as submodifier ‘she has been enormously successful’
very, extremely, exceedingly, exceptionally, especially, tremendously, immensely, vastly, hugelyView synonyms
- ‘I used to enjoy it enormously and for a two year period, played every week.’
- ‘That is why the recruitment industry has grown enormously over the past 10 years.’
- ‘However, over the last three years, the profile of the sport in school has been raised enormously.’
- ‘Of course, these steps would also help enormously to improve quality of life in urban areas of the country.’
- ‘It seemed, that he wanted to discover something of my background, which pleased me enormously.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.