One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
To a very great degree or extent; considerably.‘quality of life varies enormously from one place to another’as submodifier ‘she has been enormously successful’
very, extremely, exceedingly, exceptionally, especially, tremendously, immensely, vastly, hugelyView synonyms
- ‘I used to enjoy it enormously and for a two year period, played every week.’
- ‘It seemed, that he wanted to discover something of my background, which pleased me enormously.’
- ‘Of course, these steps would also help enormously to improve quality of life in urban areas of the country.’
- ‘That is why the recruitment industry has grown enormously over the past 10 years.’
- ‘However, over the last three years, the profile of the sport in school has been raised enormously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.