One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘A few did drop off their twig,’ he replies enigmatically, when asked about suggestions that he has killed as many as 19 people.’
- ‘When asked why he left India so early in his life, just after finishing school, he merely smiles and enigmatically questions: ‘Why did so many people of my generation leave India at that time.’’
- ‘His characters - enigmatically named Father and Daughter - are trapped in their tiny room not knowing whether speech or silence is their best option for escape.’
- ‘Why is that clothing store named so enigmatically?’
- ‘‘They are on their way home,’ our guide says, enigmatically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.