One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When asked why he left India so early in his life, just after finishing school, he merely smiles and enigmatically questions: ‘Why did so many people of my generation leave India at that time.’’
- ‘‘They are on their way home,’ our guide says, enigmatically.’
- ‘His characters - enigmatically named Father and Daughter - are trapped in their tiny room not knowing whether speech or silence is their best option for escape.’
- ‘Why is that clothing store named so enigmatically?’
- ‘‘A few did drop off their twig,’ he replies enigmatically, when asked about suggestions that he has killed as many as 19 people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.