Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An increase or improvement in quality, value, or extent.‘these enhancements will improve the customer experience’‘the enhancement of civic amenities’
improvement, intensification, magnification, amplification, increase, strengthening, inflation, augmenting, augmentationboost, rise, increment, liftescalation, elevation, exaltation, aggrandizement, swelling, heightening, emphasis, stress, reinforcement, enrichmentjacking up, hikeView synonyms
- ‘It added that the company as a whole spends £50 million each year on enhancements to its facilities across the country.’
- ‘The main reasons for these enhancements are for the benefit of the people in the area and the tourists who visit the area each year.’
- ‘This money will be used to carry out further improvements and enhancement.’
- ‘This programme of enhancements will improve daily experience of passengers and encourage more people to use the railway.’
- ‘They also lost enhancements to pay for working unsociable hours and weekends.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.