One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An increase or improvement in quality, value, or extent.‘the enhancement of civic amenities’‘these enhancements will improve the customer experience’
improvement, intensification, magnification, amplification, increase, strengthening, inflation, augmenting, augmentationView synonyms
- ‘It added that the company as a whole spends £50 million each year on enhancements to its facilities across the country.’
- ‘This money will be used to carry out further improvements and enhancement.’
- ‘They also lost enhancements to pay for working unsociable hours and weekends.’
- ‘This programme of enhancements will improve daily experience of passengers and encourage more people to use the railway.’
- ‘The main reasons for these enhancements are for the benefit of the people in the area and the tourists who visit the area each year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.